Sunday 13 September 2015

How to get stuff done - the 100 day goal

I'm currently working on the 100 Day Goal, a fantastic project that is the brainchild of Julia Bickerstaff at The Business Bakery. The idea is that if you have a big goal you want to accomplish you break it down into tiny steps and work on them bit by bit for 100 days. Apparently that is the perfect length of time; long enough to achieve something big but not so long that you lose momentum. It officially began on the 1st of September, but there is still time to join in if you feel inspired, you can either change the dates to finish a couple of weeks later, or add in a couple of extra 'mini-goals' every day or two until you've caught up.

http://www.thebusinessbakery.com.au/the-100-day-goal-what-could-you-get-done-in-100-days/


I thought this would be a brilliant way to get on track with setting up Velvet Barnacle into a proper business. I would love to be able to work from home one day and be able to spend more time with my little girl, so while I am working part-time at my day job I'm going to take the opportunity to work on my own business as well. There is so much I need to do, set up a website, reopen my shop on Etsy, photograph the work I have and create new pieces, get to grips with marketing and social media, the list is endless! (Well, at least it was easy to come up with a list of 100 mini-goals to tackle over the next 87 days!)

There is a great community of people all taking part in the 100 days, with a Facebook group to share all our problems and triumphs. It is a wonderful way to keep motivated, you are held accountable when other people know about your goals! There is also a lot of support if you are struggling and it is a great place to find people in a similar situation to bounce ideas off.

 
It is already helping me to get more done, as I feel really guilty if I miss a day! I'll keep you posted now and then with my progress. For now I have dusted off my Facebook page, and Instagram account, so feel free to have a look and tell me what you think!




Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment